[Loadstone] Bluetooth GPS Receiver & Headset

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Nov 28 01:23:22 GMT 2007

As others have said it should work but working and being useful might be
completely different things. I've tried a bluetooth headset with my n70 and
e70 and found it to be a complete waste of money. On the n70 it's supposed
to be able to handle multiple bluetooth connections but due to a firmware
bug this just doesn't work. When the link to the headset does work the audio
can be a bit flakey depending on conditions. With both of my phones I've
found the biggest problem to be the volume of talks. Things like beeps and
music etc. are fine but talks seems to come out at about half the volume of
everything else. Even with the talks volume cranked all the way up this
still seems to be the case. This happens on a bluetooth headset as well as
the wired ones so I'm not sure what's going on there. Your milage may vary
thoe.
The thing I'd really like to find is a small, amplified speaker that could
connect to the phone. That way the phone could stay in a pocket and the
speaker could clip to a shirt collar or something like that. Does anyone
know if something like this exists? Maybe one of the car hands free kits
with an internal battery or something.