[Loadstone] Impressions on GPS receivers

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Nov 26 22:34:13 GMT 2007

Shane Wegner <shane at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:08:17PM +0100, Charlie wrote:

>> [...] For me the RBT 2300 seems to be a little faster at all and it
>> seems to receive one or two satellites more unter same conditions.

> I haven't found data on the rbt2300 yet but do you happen to know the
> firmware rev on the unit. If you have the urge, you can pull it out of
> the nmea logs when the unit starts.

But I only can connect it with my mobile when it's at least running.
Hmmm... maybe it writes a firmware info in the nmea log after issuing a
cold start command? I'lll try that tomorrow.

> Latest FW I've seen on sirf3 is 3.2.4 so am curious as to whether the RBT
> units exceed that.

If I get the firmware info after a cold start command, I'll tell it here.

> As an asside, it looks like there is now a sirfflash utility out there
> which can flash sirf3 units including the Holux gpslim236 to 3.2.4.
> Could make for an interesting experiment, wish I still had a sirf3 unit
> around.

I think I have to search a bit for the proper firmware and try it out with
my GPSlim 236... I'll call my distributor, maybe he has some more info.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.