[Loadstone] Royaltec

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Nov 26 22:21:00 GMT 2007

Cearbhall O Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie> wrote:

> very interesting on the RBT-2300. Did you compare it with the rbt-2110?

No, I compared it directly with a Holux GPSlim 236 and a Royaltek RBT 2001.
And I compared it with my experiences with the QStarz Q818 and the Wintec
WBT 201.

> On paper they seem to have the same chipset and therefore I would have
> thought the performance should be the same. What do you think?

I think, the chipset is the same only on paper, they must have improved
this chipset and firmware regarding sensitivity and power management.

> I see that the rbt-2300 is a receiver and data logger. Is that the only
> difference?

The 2200 is the technical follower of the 2110 and the 2300 is the 2200
plus the datalogger.

> I am told that the UK distributors will only have the rbt-2300 in the New
> Year. Where did you buy yours?

I bought mine at http://www.taxnav.de/ in germany.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.