[Loadstone] Impressions on GPS receivers

Shane Wegner shane at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Nov 25 06:14:22 GMT 2007

Hey,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:08:17PM +0100, Charlie wrote:
> just with a bigger battery and longer battery life. For me the RBT 2300
> seems to be a little faster at all and it seems to receive one or two
> satellites more unter same conditions.

I haven't found data on the rbt2300 yet but do you happen
to know the firmware rev on the unit.  If you have the
urge, you can pull it out of the nmea logs when the unit
starts.  Latest FW I've seen on sirf3 is 3.2.4 so am
curious as to whether the RBT units exceed that.

As an asside, it looks like there is now a sirfflash
utility out there which can flash sirf3 units including the
Holux gpslim236 to 3.2.4.  Could make for an interesting
experiment, wish I still had a sirf3 unit around.

--
A competent navigator is not the skipper who can press a button
and follow a       command, but one who uses all the tools at his