[Loadstone] Nokia Phones w/ Internal GPS

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Nov 23 10:59:01 GMT 2007

Hi Dave,

FYI, Loadstone can not currently take advantage of the built-in GPS
receiver in the N95 though hopefully this will change in the future if we
ever get our hands on one to develop with.

The N95 specifications are impressive and I did briefly see one once and
it looked nice though one significant drawback is that it is my
understanding that the built-in GPS receiver uses a SiRF II chipset which
is a previous generation  of GPS receiver technology that isn't quite as
sensative  or accurate.

Best regards,
   Monty