[Loadstone] Trip meter

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Nov 20 17:09:30 GMT 2007

Paul Hopewell <hopewell at hopewell.org.uk> wrote:

> I am running Lodestone 0.69 on a Nokia 6600 [...]

Loadstone, not Lodestone.

> I really like the trip meter function, but it does sometimes give very
> odd results. For example this morning I reset the trip meter, started the
> trip meter, walked for about half an hour and then showed the trip meter.
> This claimed that the trip distance was 198.02 kilometers!

When you start the trip meter directly after your GPS receiver has his
first GPS fix, this is not unusual. In this situation the signal sometimes
jumps around a lot and the trip meter adds all this together.
The Holux receivers are affected of this more than the Royaltek receivers.

> Are there any known bugs re the trip meter?

This is not a bug of the trip meter, the trip meter only adds together,
what info the receiver provides.

> Is there a recommended sequence for stopping, resetting, and starting the
> trip meter to get an accurate trip distance?

Be aware, that the GPS fix is as stable as possible before starting the
trip meter.

Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.