[Loadstone] Sun Azimuth and header, any news?

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Nov 20 16:51:28 GMT 2007

Hi monty,

<monty at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:

> Loadstone with the right calculations could determine as an absolute value
> where in the sky the sun  is given the time of day and current
> longitude/latitude.

> This is to say Loadstone could report something like:

> Sun's angle is 180 degrees

I agree, the output should be absolute, not relative.
In addition output of the angle relative to the horizon would be nice - and
perhaps time of sunrise and sunset and moonphases... ;-)

So in exploration mode there could be an extra menue entry for the current
point and in navigation mode there could be a menue point (and of course a
function to bind to a keymapping) for info about the current GPS position.

> Loadstone itself would not have a clue as to where the sun was relative
> to you unless you had a valid GPS signal  with useful heading information.
> If you had that then I'm not sure why you would neede to know where the
> sun was since GPS values would be more accurate.

Full ACK.

> Maybe I'm missing something so someone please correct me!

No, you're absolutely right.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.