[Loadstone] Sun Azimuth and header, any news?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Nov 20 09:58:50 GMT 2007

Hello Gabriel,

I think you might be confusing absolute positioning with relative
positioning.

Loadstone with the right calculations could determine as an absolute value
where in the sky the sun  is given the time of day and current
longitude/latitude.

This is to say Loadstone could report something like:

Sun's angle is 180 degrees

Loadstone itself would not have a clue as to where the sun was relative
to you unless you had a valid GPS signal  with useful heading information.
If you had that then I'm not sure why you would neede to know where the
sun was since GPS values would be more accurate.

Maybe I'm missing something so someone please correct me!

Best regards,
   Monty