[Loadstone] will ls ever be ported to wm5 for us pda users?

Gabe Vega theblindtech at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:41:42 GMT 2007


dude, I use to be a very happy user on my 6682. I was proud of being a  
user. and well, now I'm lonely. we don't seem to have nothing like ls  
for wm5. they are all unaccessible and well, I am litterally lost with  
out ls. can you advise if this has ever been discussed? and is ls open  
source, I mean if some one knew how and if you didn't want to couild  
some one port it over?
Gabe Vega
The Tech of all Techs A+, Net+, ATACP
theblindtech at gmail.com
623-565-9357



On Nov 16, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Williams Family wrote:

Hi all
thanks for all of you who gave advice re my problem connecting my N70s  
with
the holux slim 236. It doesn't seem to want to be found by my  
bluetooth so
I'm assuming it is dead. Well back to the bank manager and find another
receiver.

thanks Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: <loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 2:25 AM
Subject: Loadstone Digest, Vol 17, Issue 18


> Send Loadstone mailing list submissions to
> loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> loadstone-request at loadstone-gps.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> loadstone-owner at loadstone-gps.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Loadstone digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>  1.  Converting points (D?maso)
>  2.  Open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance and Nokia (Per)
>  3. Re:  Converting points (Stephen  Bennett)
>  4. Re:  Converting points (David Allen)
>  5.  A word about translations (David Allen)
>  6. Re:  Open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance and
>     Nokia (Shawn Kirkpatrick)
>  7. Re:  A word about translations (Rob Melchers)
>  8. Re:  Open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance and
>     Nokia (Rusty Perez)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:04:16 +0100
> From: D?maso <dbarredo at telefonica.net>
> Subject: [Loadstone] Converting points
> To: "Lista Loadstone" <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <002801c82798$caaf56a0$2201a8c0 at DAMASO>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hello to all
>
> This is an automatic translation, so you pardon the language.
>
> I am trying to export waypoints from the program Ozi Explorer to the
> format of Loadstone, but I am not able to do. I try to explain how I  
> do
> it.
>> From the program Ozi Explorer I export waypoints like a text file  
>> csv.
> I convert this file with the program  poiconverter. When attempt to
> introduce the resulting file in page POI 2 Loadstone converter I do  
> not
> know data is the one that I must place in the square to iduser. As I  
> can
> collect this data.
>
> Thank you very much.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/pipermail/loadstone/attachments/20071115/634dbc60/attachment.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:37:31 +0100
> From: "Per" <Reisender at online.de>
> Subject: [Loadstone] Open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance
> and Nokia
> To: "Loadstoneliste" <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <00be01c827a5$e165a040$15b2a8c0 at buschc9988c30e>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> I have written an open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance and
> also
> to Nokia.
> It's about the chance of the Open Source Android Operating System for
> blind
> & visually impaired people from the poor countries and also about the
> great
> LS project.
> Do you have suggestions for more or better arguments?
> You can answer me with private mail as well.
>
> http://de.mini.wikia.com/wiki/Open_letter_initiative
>
> Best regards from Per
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:01:57 +1300
> From: "Stephen  Bennett" <sbennett at rnzfb.org.nz>
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Converting points
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <787553c60001e3b1 at mx.rnzfb.org.nz>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hello
>
> The userid is a number, probably five digits, which you can discover  
> by
> examining your loadstone databases on your computer. When you examine
> points which you have entered yourself, the second number from the  
> end of
> the line will be your userid. This does not apply to points which  
> you have
> obtained from other sources.
>
> Hoping someone can correct me if necessary and provide a translation.
>
> S
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
> [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of D?maso
> Sent: Friday, 16 November 2007 4:04 a.m.
> To: Lista Loadstone
> Subject: [Loadstone] Converting points
>
>
>
> Hello to all
>
> This is an automatic translation, so you pardon the language.
>
> I am trying to export waypoints from the program Ozi Explorer to the
> format of Loadstone, but I am not able to do. I try to explain how I  
> do
> it.
>> From the program Ozi Explorer I export waypoints like a text file  
>> csv.
> I convert this file with the program  poiconverter. When attempt to
> introduce the resulting file in page POI 2 Loadstone converter I do  
> not
> know data is the one that I must place in the square to iduser. As I  
> can
> collect this data.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/pipermail/loadstone/attachments/20071116/d254c781/attachment.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:22:49 +1300
> From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy at ihug.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Converting points
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <010001c827de$70807970$0702a8c0 at Paula>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Original text:
> Automatically translated text:
> Hello
>
> The userid is a number, probably five digits, which you can discover  
> by
> examining your loadstone databases on your computer. When you examine
> points
> which
> you have entered yourself, the second number from the end of the  
> line will
> be your userid. This does not apply to points which you have  
> obtained from
> other
> sources.
>
> Hoping someone can correct me if necessary and provide a translation.
>
> S
>
> Hello
>
> El nombre de usuario es un n?mero, probablemente cinco d?gitos, que se
> puede
> descubrir mediante el examen de su loadstone bases de datos en su
> computadora.
> Al examinar los puntos que
> Que ha introducido usted, el segundo de la serie final de la l?nea  
> ser? su
> identificaci?n de usuario. Esto no se aplica a los puntos que ha  
> obtenido
> de
> otros
> Fuentes.
>
> Expresando la esperanza de que alguien pueda corregirme si es  
> necesario, y
> proporcionar una traducci?n.
>
> S
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:29:25 +1300
> From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy at ihug.co.nz>
> Subject: [Loadstone] A word about translations
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <010401c827df$5c29e960$0702a8c0 at Paula>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Hi list!
>
> When I first saw the Spanish message requesting help, I was able to
> understand most of it in my head, but was uncertain about a few  
> points. I
> wanted to be helpful so took the message to Google for translation.  
> This
> is
> how the translations came about. I realise that it is an English  
> list, but
> I
> also realise that Loadstone is global and is not being driven by a
> manufacturers balance sheet. I'm not sure how large a document can  
> be put
> through that translator, but so far, it has handled the job reasonably
> well,
> and increased the usefulness of Loadstone, so it seems the effort was
> worth
> it.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:53:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu>
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Open letter to Google, the Open Handset
> Alliance and Nokia
> To: Loadstoneliste <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0711151550360.19485 at odyssey.cm.nu>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
> This is a good letter. I can only hope that someone from these cell  
> phone
> companies reads it. From what I can tell it doesn't seem like any of  
> them
> are giving any thought at all to accessable cell phones. If anything  
> they
> seem to be making things worse, a lot of new cell phones seem to have
> touch
> screens, completely useless to the blind. I'd like to think that  
> google
> would get this right but I seriously doubt it.
>
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Per wrote:
>
>> I have written an open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance  
>> and
>> also
>> to Nokia.
>> It's about the chance of the Open Source Android Operating System for
>> blind
>> & visually impaired people from the poor countries and also about the
>> great
>> LS project.
>> Do you have suggestions for more or better arguments?
>> You can answer me with private mail as well.
>>
>> http://de.mini.wikia.com/wiki/Open_letter_initiative
>>
>> Best regards from Per
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:35:13 +0100
> From: Rob Melchers <rob at loadstone-gps.com>
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] A word about translations
> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> Message-ID:
> <5.1.0.14.2.20071116013416.00a7de58 at mail.loadstone-gps.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> It's definitely better than nothing! We are a global community and
> growing,
> so for others who haven't discovered the Google translator yet:
>
> http://translate.google.com/
>
> Hola Dave,
>
> En definitiva es mejor que nada! Somos una comunidad mundial cada vez
> mayor
> y, por lo que para otras personas que no han descubierto a?n  
> traductor de
> Google:
>
> Http://translate.google.com/
>
> Hallo Dave,
>
> Es ist definitiv besser als gar nichts! Wir sind eine globale  
> Gemeinschaft
> und w?chsend, so dass f?r die anderen, die noch nicht entdeckt
> haben,  Google ?bersetzer:
>
> Http://translate.google.com/
>
> Salut Dave,
>
> C'est certainement mieux que rien! Nous sommes une communaut?  
> mondiale de
> plus en plus et, pour d'autres pays qui ne l'ont pas d?couvert  
> encore le
> traducteur
> de Google:
>
> Http://translate.google.com/
>
> Rob
>
> At 11/16/2007, you wrote:
>> Hi list!
>>
>> When I first saw the Spanish message requesting help, I was able to
>> understand most of it in my head, but was uncertain about a few  
>> points. I
>> wanted to be helpful so took the message to Google for translation.  
>> This
>> is
>> how the translations came about. I realise that it is an English  
>> list, but
>> I
>> also realise that Loadstone is global and is not being driven by a
>> manufacturers balance sheet. I'm not sure how large a document can  
>> be put
>> through that translator, but so far, it has handled the job  
>> reasonably
>> well,
>> and increased the usefulness of Loadstone, so it seems the effort was
>> worth
>> it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dave
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/pipermail/loadstone/attachments/20071116/50b380a2/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:24:36 -0800
> From: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Open letter to Google, the Open Handset
> Alliance and Nokia
> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> Message-ID:
> <5fabbb560711151824p2681eb4ao48ec56a3c551860b at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi,
> I looked at your letter and I would like to tell you that I support
> your efforts.
> I am an English thacher in the US and I would be willing to work with
> you to smooth out yourgrammar.
>
> In addition, I would suggest that you also work to form a group of
> llind developers to develop a talking interface for this open source
> phone platform.
> This is how Orca was developed for linux.
> If I can help, please let me know.
> Sincerely
> Rusty
>
> On 11/15/07, Per <Reisender at online.de> wrote:
>> I have written an open letter to Google, the Open Handset Alliance  
>> and
>> also
>> to Nokia.
>> It's about the chance of the Open Source Android Operating System for
>> blind
>> & visually impaired people from the poor countries and also about the
>> great
>> LS project.
>> Do you have suggestions for more or better arguments?
>> You can answer me with private mail as well.
>>
>> http://de.mini.wikia.com/wiki/Open_letter_initiative
>>
>> Best regards from Per
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
>
> End of Loadstone Digest, Vol 17, Issue 18
> *****************************************
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.33/1133 - Release Date:
> 15/11/2007 20:57
>

_______________________________________________
Loadstone mailing list
Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone



More information about the Loadstone mailing list