[Loadstone] communicating with the holux slim 236

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Nov 15 01:36:39 GMT 2007

One suggestion I'd make if you have to get a new receiver is to shop around
for the best price. Sendero group makes the braillenote (another gps program
for the blind) and in my experience buying from people that make access tech
is always more expensive than just buying the off the shelf product. It
always pays to do your research thoe.
As for getting your existing unit going again, this could depend on what's
happened to it. Does it still recognize as a bluetooth device but just not
seem to send any data? If so then it may be able to be brought back in sync
using sirfdemo and the data cable. If not then there could be a larger
problem. You could try completely discharging the battery and see if the
unit will reset itself to factory defaults.