[Loadstone] WondeX BT-100Y GPS Receiver

Shane Wegner shane at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Nov 10 19:19:13 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 12:32:26AM -0800, Julian wrote:
> It's a shame I didn't see this before I bought the M1000.  Not that the
> M1000 is a bad receiver but this one sounds great.

I'd stick with the Holux for now anyways.  As others have
said, the SkyTraq has issues in pedestrian mode.  There are
some pretty cool features with this one though.  The
instantfix in reviews seems to perform quite well as long
as you keep it updated once in a while.

The other feature perhaps most useful is that the firmware
on these guys are field upgradable with a utility.  There
are already upgrades which are supposed to address the
low-speed navigation issues.  Hunt around semsons.com for
the utility and gpspassion.com for the firmware info.

Promising tech though, I'm surprised one of the major
manufacturers haven't released a BT unit with instantfix
capabilities yet.

A competent navigator is not the skipper who can press a button
and follow a       command, but one who uses all the tools at his
 disposal to navigate his course safely and efficiently.