[Loadstone] Feature wishes

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Nov 2 10:42:12 GMT 2007

Unfortunately your plan has a few major problems. Using the arrows means
only a 4-way look around as opposed to the 8-way we have now. It also means
losing the ability of using the numeric keys for anything else, that's a lot
to lose. You'd lose the check point, update, and exit exploration functions
just for a start. Not being able to use the shift key is the show stopper
for this plan. Without that there's no quick way to make a nav mode query.
That's not to mention the incredible coding mess this would make trying to
get a text input system in to the keyboard handling. It would either have to
do that or use a symbian standard edit field that would cut us off from the
arrow keys and our output system.