[Loadstone] Feature wishes
arimo at netsonic.fi
Fri Nov 2 06:09:56 GMT 2007
New way to implement exploration mode, comments?
- In exploration mode there is a text field and number keys enter text.
Phone operates in two modes, text input mode and browsing mode.
- In text input mode number keys enter text, backspace deletes last
character and arrow keys enters browsing mode by list items in given
directions as a browsable list sorted by distance as current show area
does. Pressing select will show
nearby items in all directions.
- In browsing mode there is a sorted list of nearby items in given
direction. First item could be 'back' to cancel previous virtual movement,
in this case focus should be initially at the second item, ie nearest
waypoint in given direction. Selecting item with 'select' will virtually
move to that waypoint, update trip meter and return to text input mode.
Pressing key2 will cancel selection and return to text input mode.
- If there were some text in the text field when entering browse mode
lists will be limited on items that have given string at the beginning or
after space or punctuationn.
- Because backspace is used for text editing there is no more shifted
keys in exploration mode.
You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
More information about the Loadstone