[Loadstone] POI conversion

Stephen Bennett sbennett at rnzfb.org.nz
Thu Nov 1 04:38:19 GMT 2007

Hi Dave and All

I'll be able to use this tool once I can get the data into decimal lat
and lon. At the moment I'm trying to find out what form the data is in,
though I suspect it's either NZ Grid or some kind of Mercator.

I've been told I need to divide the figures by 100 to get NZ grid
references, but I don't know what to do with them after that to get to
decimal. If anyone's brave I can send them the XL, knowing that my city
is Lat -41 and lon 174. The easting and northing figures are nine digits
each, which seems strange.

Cheers

Stephen