[Loadstone] Loadstone 0.68 on an N70, Another bluetooth bug

Brett brett06 at tpg.com.au
Thu May 31 11:19:47 BST 2007

Hi All,

I downloaded the 0.68 update and now I am able to connect to my GPS receiver
without the phone hanging. However I have found another miner bug.

Old behaviour with previous versions, I would load loadstone, press the red
hangup button to minimize Loadstone to the background, I would bring it up
again and say no to the prompt asking if I want to close loadstone. I could
then press the hangup button and loadstone would run in the background. With
the new version If I am not connected to the GPS receiver the same thing
happens as did with previous versions. but if I am connected to the GPS
receiver and I press the hangup button, Loadstone minimizes to the
background, but when I bring it up again expecting to have to say no to the
"Exit Loadstone" dialog", it doesn't appear, loadstone says there is no
signal. If I press an arrow key, it says no signal for 2 seconds or
something similar, indicating that either the connection to the GPS receiver
was either dropped when Loadstone is minimized to the background, or reset
when Loadstone is bought back to the foreground. If I hold down the menu key
for about a second to bring up the list of running programs and choose
telephone to minimize Loadstone to the background, when I bring it up again,
the connection to the GPS receiver is not affected. I no I should probably
be minimizing Loadstone in this way,but I just got in to the habit of doing
it the other way, so thought I would inform you of this bug in case others
do things in this way. They may not realize that the connection gets reset
and wonder why they aren't getting alerted to check points.

Hope my ramblings are clear enough.

Cheers,
Brett.