[Loadstone] Over calling P O I s.

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Sat May 26 14:55:03 BST 2007

Hi Michael,
I wonder if either of the following might be causing your problem with the
announcing of unwanted P O I s.
1. I notice if the gps receiver loses satellite signal then it calls out all
checked p o i s in the vicinity. I think Shawn will agree this is
deliberate.
2. I have found that altering the approach time to 05 secs (the ini file
likes two digits) has completely cured the over announcing of points both in
my bus journeys and whilst walking. With the approach time at 10 I get
checked points announced from 30 or more meters away on parallel roads.
I know that Shawn does not fully agree with me but that is the practical
result on the ground so I have stuck with this and modify the ini file on
each upgrade.
Regards to all,
Aedan O'Meara
Cork