[Loadstone] Further thoughts for Chad

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed May 23 22:18:55 BST 2007

The only thing I'd add to this is regarding pairing the gps with the phone.
Do not pair the receiver with the phone. Some programs require this but
loadstone doesn't. Pairing the receiver with the phone seems to cause
nothing but trouble. The problem is when the receiver is paired with the
phone when the receiver is first turned on it'll establish a connection with
the phone. The phone can't do anything with this connection so it'll
eventually disconnect it. During this connection you'll be unable to connect
to the receiver with any other program. To make sure the receiver isn't
paired go in to the bluetooth manager and then go to the paired devices
list. If the receiver is in there then delete it and things should work
better. If the receiver must be paired, for other programs that require it,
then try setting it to unauthorized. That way the phone will ask before
accepting a connection from the receiver and you can say no to the initial
automatic connection attempt.
This seems to be valid for all the phones I've heard of so far but of course
nokia has a bad habit of implementing things differently accross phone
models so things may be different for you.