[Loadstone] Loadstone Symbian 3RD edition status

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri May 11 08:07:00 BST 2007

Hello All,

Since a number of you are wondering what is going on with regards to
development with Loadstone for Symbian 3RD Edition phones I thought I
would write an update.

Over the past 11 months, the Loadstone project has received
financial donations from  an estimated 3% of LS users.  (With a
significant   portion of funds  coming from German users)  These donations
together with generosity from Nuance/Talks have allowed the LS development
team to acquire and in part subsidize the purchase of mobiles running the
Symbian 3RD  Edition  O/S.

Due to back-orders and manufacturor/supplier delays (bad luck), we have
only been able to commence development with one of these phones.  Fingers
crossed, the other phones are expected to arrive very shortly.

Although it is difficult to speculate, we think we will have a version
suitable for testing/consumption/release very soon after we receive these
phones and get them talking.

At the moment, we have a version that is nearly functioning but for
significant issues causing major lock-ups and crashing.  We hope to
resolve these problems during a marathon development session planned to
happen once we receive all phones and get them speaking!

Stay tuned...

Best regards,
   Monty