[Loadstone] Qstarz Q-818 Questions

Kevin Chao g.unit89 at clearwire.net
Wed May 9 18:57:48 BST 2007

Mike,

The battery is not built-in, so it is possible for the user to swap the
batteries if needed. Today i received 13 satellites which is otherley
impressive. The only major limitation of this receiver is that it will go
into sleep mode if you are walking below 2.5 mph. If you are using it with
LoadStone you aren't able to use the hot/warm/cold start features as this
receiver utalizes the new MTK chipset. So, if you tent to walk a bit slower,
I wouldn't recommend this receiver.

Kevin