[Loadstone] re best gps receiver for Canada?

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 03:38:06 BST 2007

Must be a common choice because I have one too.  Only problem I have and I'm
not sure if it's the receiver is that occasionally I'll load the program and
it doesn't connect to the receiver.  Then if I try any of the key commands
it says, "Not connected".  Then if I go to the GPS menu and try to connect
to default GPS it says, "Already connected".

The solution to this is to remove the battery from the receiver and phone
and wait a while and put the batteries back and it usually gets back to
work.

Other than that I just wish it had a longer battery life as I forget to turn
it off at times coming to work in the morning and before the end of the day
the battery is dead.  I think it has a 6 hour life.  Someone on the list
once talked about a receiver with a 36 hour life.

The Royaltek is relatively inexpensive and does what it needs to do 98% of
the time for me though.