[Loadstone] WAAS/EGNOS question

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Mar 27 19:31:18 BST 2007

Hello,

If your GPS receiver is capable of receiving WAAS/EGNOS augmentation, it's
enabled on your GPS receiver, and  you're in an area served by WAAS/EGNOS,
then you can query Loadstone to find out whether it is currently being
used or not.  If it is being used, the message "Differential GPS fix" will
be returned upon the query.

When the Loadstone/WAAS/EGNOS setting is set to "On", it will attempt to
send the NMEA compatible command to your GPS receiver every time
Loadstone is started.  Not all receivers
are designed to listen out for the standard NMEA command so for the moment
there really isn't a way to know for sure if the command took other than
by querying the Loadstone/GPS signal status.

Wikipedia has extensive information regarding WAAS and EGNOSif anyone
wants to know more about the systems.

http://en.wikipedia.com

Best regards,
   Monty