[Loadstone] Qstarz Q818

kevin chao g.unit89 at clearwire.net
Fri Mar 23 21:14:03 GMT 2007

Has anyone tried using the Qstarz Q818? It is using the MTK chipset which is prooven to perform better than the SIRF III chipset. I will post some of  the key points of this receiver.

Staying out of DOUBLE trouble is easy now with the QSTARZ Double 32 Bluetooth GPS Receiver!

The recently announced BT-Q818 gives us double the endurance -- 32 hours -- and double the normal number of satellites tracked -- also 32.

So running into the double trouble of poor reception and running out of battery is now a thing of the past.

- 32 Channels tracking
- 32 hrs navigation time
- Adopt MTK chipset with the superior sensitivity up to -158dBm
- Excellent performance - Cold / Warm / Hot start time: 39 / 36 / 1 sec. (average)
- Smart power control up to 400 hours standby mode
- Support standard NMEA-0183 (V3.01) at 115200 bps baud rate
- Compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) in 15m wirelessly
- The only GPS Receiver actives WAAS / ENGOS as default.

I was wondering if anyone has tested this receiver or what people thought of it.

I have found the price to range from anywhere from $65 to about $130.

Kevin