[Loadstone] Tools to drive receivers.

Mikolaj Rotnicki mikolaj-rotnicki at o2.pl
Thu Mar 22 09:09:22 GMT 2007

Hi,

Of course you can use your BT connection. But first you have to be sure that
you use the BT driver/tools software from other parties than Microsoft, four
your Bluetooth adapter/dongle. For example Bluesoleil
http://www.bluesoleil.com/ (free), or Widcomm/Broadcom
http://www.broadcom.com/ (commercial).

You have to connect the PC and GPS via Serial Port Profile (SPP) BT
connection. Now the receiver will talk to your PC on one of the COM ports -
check the port number in connection properties (in BlueSoleil).

Then, in SiRFDemo you have to select that port on the application startup
and set the bitrate to 38400.

For further nfo follow the manual or the short info on the forume
(http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25575)

But REMEMBER, as some LS users, you take all the risk of using SiRFDemo.
THe warning is also included in on above forum page.

-----
Mikolaj Rotnicki