[Loadstone] Tools to drive receivers.

Mikolaj Rotnicki mikolaj-rotnicki at o2.pl
Wed Mar 21 23:07:09 GMT 2007

Hi

If your GPS receiver is based on SiRFStar III (SiRFStar 3) chipset, then
SiRFDemo software might be useful. The "Demo" in its name might be
confusing - it is the name of the software - NOT the demo version (as you
might think).

You can download it from here:
http://www.sirf.com/free_demo.html
Manual in PDF is also available.

It is useful for checking, and changeing all the parameters of your SiRFStar
III based GPS receiver. A specially turning off the so called "static
navigation" (SN).  It is recommended to turn the SN off for pedestrian use
of the GPS receiver.

Do you have a SiRFStar III chipset based GPS receiver?

Example SiRFStar III receivers:
Nokia LD-3W
G-Space GSR 238
Globalsat BT 359

The hints on the following forum may help as Quick Start for SiRFDemo and
using it to turn off static navigation.
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25575

-----
Mikolaj Rotnicki