[Loadstone] Summer of code sponsored by Google

Reisender Reisender at online.de
Tue Mar 20 16:36:47 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I do not know if this is interesting for us but the programmers of you would
know it better.
Google sponsors another summer of code ...

http://code.google.com/soc/

Regards from Per

What is Google Summer of Code?

Google Summer of CodeTM is a program that offers student developers stipends
to write code for various open source projects. Google will be working with
a several open source, free software and technology-related groups to
identify and fund several projects over a three month period. Historically,
the program
has brought together over 1,000 students with over 100 open source projects,
to create hundreds of thousands of lines of code. The program, which kicked
off in
2005,
is now in its third year, following on from a very successful
2006.

While the majority of past student participants were enrolled in university
Computer Science and Computer Engineering programs, GSoCers come from a wide
variety of educational backgrounds, from computational biology to mining
engineering. Many of our past participants had never participated in an
open-source
project before GSoC; others used the GSoC stipend as an opportunity to
concentrate fully on their existing open source coding activities over the
summer.
Several of our 2005 students went on to become mentors in 2006.