New user: Protocol function

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Mar 19 15:12:42 GMT 2007

Hello,

The "Start Logging" function will create a NMEA message log file in the
Loadstone directory.  This is mainly used for debugging purposes.  So, if
you want to see what packet data your GPS receiver sent to your phone
during a period of time, use this function.

Some people extrapolate lon/lat coordinates from the data to assist in
manually creating point entries for the loadstone database.

Best regards,
   Monty