[Loadstone] Waas/Egnos (was: Loadstone seizing up)

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Mar 17 17:27:18 GMT 2007

Hi Shawn!

Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu>:

> [...] Some receivers are better for this than others thoe. If your
> receiver can get a waas/egnos signal then the drift can be around
> 1 or 2 metres.

Generally the Holux GPSlim 236 can get a waas/egnos signal, but per default
afaik it is not activated. Do you know enough about the settings of those
GPS receivers and the used protocols to say something to configure them
properly for best accuracy? There is a little tool called SIRFDemo, with
which you can change some settings of your Receiver. (runs under Wintendo
only, probably in a guest of VMWare)
I don't know whether the Royaltek RBT-2001 can get waas/egnos too...

With my Holux Loadstone says for example "satellites: 8/12"... while with
the Royaltek it says "satellites: 8". Can you tell me the reason for this
difference? May this be because of different settings regarding waas/egnos
protocol?

best regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability of the text.