[Loadstone] Batteries

Charlie loadstone at dekadent.net
Fri Mar 16 10:45:53 GMT 2007

Sarah Cranston <skhye at blindsea.com> wrote:

> Some of you already know this, but I recently found out that the Holux
> GPSlim 236 receiver takes the same batteries as do Nokia phones like the
> 6600, 6620, 6630, 6680, 6682, N70, and a few others.

That's not right, the Holux GPSlim 236 takes the same Battery as the Nokia
E70 for example, Nokia calls this Battery BL-6C. All other phones in the
above list take the BL-5C.

> These batteries are the Nokia BL-5c and Nokia BL-6C.

As someone said before, the BL-6C is thicker than the BL-5C and if you put
a Holux battery in one of the above listed phones, you may damage the
battery cover. But you can safely put a BL-5C into a Holux GPSlim 236.

Btw, he Royaltek RBT-2001 takes the same battery as the Nokia 6100 and the
5100 Outdoor, Nokia calls this battery BL-4C. It is thinner than the BL-5C
and you can put it into most Nokia phones and into the Holux GPSlim 236
too. The bl-5C has less capacity than the BL-6C and the BL-4C has less
capacity than the BL-5C.

HTH,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability of the text.