[Loadstone] Batteries

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Mar 16 03:01:13 GMT 2007

You can tell a battery's capacity by its mah (mili amp hours) rating. The
higher the number the longer the battery will last. Sometimes you can tell
by the thickness of a battery but not always. If you know how much current
your device draws then you can calculate approximately how long it should
run with a given battery. The average current for a gps receiver seems to be
around 100 mili amps but this will depend on the unit.