[Loadstone] Accurate point entry

David Allen wd8ldy at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jun 30 08:15:07 BST 2007

Hi Brett and list!

Thanks for the info. Yes, you've opened up something that I've wondered
about. - this accuracy reading. I've checked that a lot but didn't
understand (and not sure I do yet) what it means. The other day, I had a
result of something like 50 when I pressed accuracy. Usually, it is between
1 something and 3 something.

I have turned off power saving and my points that i've played with today do
seem a bit closer than they were previously. But this drift thing is
definitely something to keep in mind. Maybe I chose the wrong receiver, but
since I do a fair amount of travelling in various cars, the comments about
that in the FAQ were my deciding guide, besides local availability and
affordability, of course. While heading seems to change even though I
haven't changed my direction, I still believe it isn't as wrong as the
Robotron talking compass which I returned after a week. That thing was
hopeless, at least in New Zealand. I said it guessed a direction each time
you pushed the button and gave you an answer, whether it meant anything or
not.

Cheers,
Dave

 of course