[Loadstone] Accurate point entry

Brett brett06 at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 30 07:01:59 BST 2007

Hi David,

I find you get more accurate positioning if once you have established a
connection with your GPS receiver, go in to the GPS menu of Loadstone and
turn off "power saving". This seems to cause my receiver to get stronger
reception. Also when checking the accuracy of your points, try to do them
when moving. The SIRF3 chipsets do have quite a bit of drift when standing
still, so it could be that the drift is causing your point to seem in
accurate. If I walk past my local bus stop and check the accuracy of my
point, it is usually with in 3 to 4 meters. But when I check it while
standing still at the bus stop, it can be anywhere from 3 to 15 meters,
because of the drift in the Sirf3 chipset when standing still. You need to
keep this in mind when evaluating the accuracy of your points.

Hope this helps,
Brett.