[Loadstone] Accurate point entry

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Jun 30 04:55:04 BST 2007

Hi Dave,

To enter a point, you go to the place that you want recorded as a POI and
in navigation mode press the # key. You don't have to do this while on the
move. Just stop at the point you want recorded and take your time to enter
its name. While doing this on a walk, use 'save current', the 'from
starting point' is only needed while moving away from the point after you
pressed #. The more 'open air' the better, but you can get decent results
as close as 4 meters from a building. Any hard surface can act as a
reflector, concrete walls reflect more than a wooden fence. Still, if you
need a point between two fences, there's little you can do about it besides
knocking down the fences...

Try not to record points under tree coverage and during heavy rains, and if
the point isn't what it should be, record it again. Recording points inside
is of little use, too many reflections most of the time.

Have a look at 'Settings/Display', you'll find the options for metric,
imperial, nautical and measured in bottles of gin there.

Rob