[Loadstone] has my receiver gone deaf?

Mikolaj Rotnicki mikolaj-rotnicki at o2.pl
Fri Jun 29 23:49:47 BST 2007

Hello List,

I had that problem with Wintec WBT-300 (Antaris 4 chipset by ublox) some
time ago, BUT:
1. I was using LS v. 0.66 and 0.67 then.
2. It happened even few times a day.
3. I didn't experience the same problem with my Nokia LD-3W GPS receiver.
4. My vendor replaced my Wintec WBT-300 with a new one.
5. Meanwhile (while waiting for replacement) I have learned that it is
recommended NOT to pair the phone and the receiver.
6. I also used it with Nokia HS-54W Bluetooth headset, and it seamed that
the message appeared more often when using the BT headset. But again - no
problem with LD-3W.

And now everything is OK with my WBT-300, even when using with BT headset!
But I am not sure if it is because I got a new receiver or I do not pair the
devices.

I would rather say that it is the pairing that causes the problem.

I hope my report is useful for the developers.

Regards
Mikolaj Rotnicki