[Loadstone] some initial problems

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 29 10:04:44 BST 2007

Hi Dave,

Bluetooth limitations are usually down to the specific model of phone you
have.  For example, first edition Symbian Series60 phones could normally
only work with one Bluetooth device at a time.  Second and third edition
phones can normally work with multiple Bluetooth devices.  This then means
in theory that you indeed could use your Bluetooth headset at the same
time as your Bluetooth GPS receiver with the possibility of using your
Bluetooth Keyboard too.  Again this depends on your phone and firmware.

I'm no Bluetooth expert but I'm guessing that when you have multiple
Bluetooth devices vying for the same part of the radio spectrum you could
end up with interference issues.

To eliminate this potential, I would first recommend that you see if you
still have the same connection problem when only using the GPS receiver
and no other Bluetooth devices.

As I said earlier, phone firmware also plays an important part since some
firmware's implementation of the Bluetooth stack (program on the phone
that operates the Bluetooth radio) is buggy.

Please let us know how you get on with your results etc.

Best regards,
   Monty

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, David Allen wrote:

> Hi Monty and list!
>
> Yes I do use a bluetooth keyboard with my phone. I also use a Bluetooth
> headset from time to time, though I have been avoiding the headset while
> running Loadstone. This was coincidental but I hope this isn't suggesting
> loadstone and a Bluetooth headset will not cooperate. I note the Loadstone
> FAQ recommend an optional headset but it doesn't say Bluetooth. The headset
> is something I use for my privacy and to stop others' complaining about my
> requirement of high volume level needed to compensate for hearing
> impairment. Probably a good thing I can't afford a Braille display. *lol*
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
> My mobile is a Nokia 6630 running version 6.03 firmware.
>
> I can take the phone out of the case and operate it with the phone key pad
> if this is necessary. However, when I did that and didn't get a signal for
> quite a while, I got the message "The GPS clock seems to have stopped
> ticking disconnecting. Then my connection was gone even though I hadn't
> connected the Bluetooth keyboard throughout the time the receiver remained
> connected. I have two computers in here that have bluetooth connectivity,
> but have not had either of them connected directly to anything when this
> happens.

>>> now.  When I connect my royaltek 2010 to the phone and go to the