[Loadstone] royaltek rbt 2110

Kevin Chao g.unit89 at clearwire.net
Sat Jun 23 07:52:27 BST 2007

Jürg,

Well, the Holux M-1000 is using the MTK chipset which has all of the
benefits of the SirfStar III chipset but has many  improvements. I am
currently testing out a reciever using hte MTK chipset, but since this
reciever is still under testing; I cannot mention its name. But, I can say
that the MTK chipset has fixed the multi-path issue dramatically that was
faced in using the SIrfStarIII chipsets. The sensativity of the receiver has
also been greatly improved, it receives waas about 80% of the time, and this
is a true waas reporting in the US as it is easier to pinpoint locations
within a 3 meter radius. The MTK chipset also consumes less battery power
than the SirfStarIII chipsets, this is why the Holux M-1000 is able to
receive over 17 hours of battery life with a 1000 mAh battery.    If the
reciever were using an auto on/off feature, the battery life would probably
reach close to 30 hours

Kevin