[Loadstone] Realtec

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Wed Jun 20 11:42:53 BST 2007

Mr. Upshaw,  do you mean a Royaltec RBT-2110?  If so, that is a pretty good
receiver in my opinion.  I sent Rob Melchers a log from this receiver.  It
picks up direction changes well.  Its battery life is listed as seventeen
hours.  I don't know if that is accurate.

It can take a few minutes to acquire a signal in my experience, when carried
in a pants pocket.  Once it gets a signal, it generally does not lose it.  I
also like the on-off switch, as opposed to a butten.  The cost of about $90
is close to what I paid for mine (within a dollar or two), excluding
shipping.

You will probably not bite off more than you can shoo.  There is no software
configuration involved with this receiver.  All you need to do is pare this
receiver with Loadstone.  You can do that under "GPS" in Loadstone's menue.
That is not dificult.  For best results, do not pare this receiver with a
cell phone in my experience.

 Mike Hanson