[Loadstone] experience with the holux m-1000

Kevin Chao g.unit89 at clearwire.net
Tue Jun 19 18:20:06 BST 2007

Hasan,

Yes, the Holux M-1000 is a fairly new recever, it came out in late April I
believe.  From testing this receiver along side with the Qstarz Q818. It
seems that the Holux out performs the Qstarz in every way possibel except by
battery life.  Both recievers are using the MTK chipset. The Qstarz Q818
seems to have an auto on/off feature, has issue with speeds below 2.5 mph or
4 kmh, and with the new firmware update I received it seems that it has
issues walking at about 1 mph. The issue that I found was that if you are
walking at about 1 mph heading west on a street, it will report heading east
at times and the speed info will be something outragious like 39 mph. I went
out testing the same thing using the Holux M-1000 and all of the above
mentioned issues are non-existent, no auto on/off feature, heading and speed
info seems to be on the dot.

On top of it performing like a champ, it recieves waas about 90% of the time
and  the price is very nice, going at about 50 USD

Kevin