[Loadstone] No GPS time with wintec wbt300

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Sat Jun 9 13:57:00 BST 2007

Hello folks,
a fiew months ago I wrote about this here, but because I had very less
information, we couldn't solve this issue together in this list.

Once again to remember: Loadstone does not get the correct GPS time using a
wbt 300 with the antaris 4 chipset. Pressing the star key always results in
constantly being 02 O.Clock. No change at all.

Now I have played around with its configuration tool. It is well accessible
with Jaws. You can set the receiver's update rate from 1 to 4 hz and you can
enable or disable each NMEA record. You can also set the interval in seconds
how often a record is to be transmitted.

The receiver offers the following NMEA records:
GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, GRS, GST, ZDA, GBS, DTM.

I have set them all to be repeated once per second. So maybe someone of you
can recognize what is going wrong here. For example, I read about a NMEA
record named GDT that is used for time and date information. This record
definitely does not exist in my receiver's output. But it uses the ZDA
record instead. As I can see this is also a kind of date and time info.

Well, what comes up to my mind is:
Wich of the above records are needed by loadstone?
And does it make any sence to disable the records not used by loadstone?
Is this missing GDT record causing my time problem?

Thanks for any idea.
Hasan