[Loadstone] Connection Problem Solved

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Jun 6 01:29:06 BST 2007

A couple things, as has been said a few times before, do not pair the
receiver with the phone. This results in no end of problems and loadstone
does not need to be paired. Some other applications may want the receiver
paired but if loadstone is the only gps app you're using it's best not to
pair.
  If you're choosing between the globalsat and royaltek I'd go with the
royaltek. The two receivers are almost the same except the royaltek seems to
work slightly better with heading at slow speeds. The battery is easy to
remove from both receivers, You just press a clip and open the battery door,
no tools needed. The royaltek has a slid switch and the globalsat has a
pushbutton. I find the slide switch easier to work with since the state is
easy to determine. This means you have to manually shut it off whereas the
globalsat will automatically shut off a short time after the bluetooth is
disconnected.