[Loadstone] behavior when pressing end key (was: Loadstone 0.68 on an N70, Another bluetooth bug)

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Jun 4 14:14:23 BST 2007

Ok, hopefully the final word on this end key thing.
I don't know what this key is doing on other people's phones but on my n70
and e70 when it's pressed it exits, not backgrounds, the currently running
application. This is true on all the applications on the phones as far as I
can tell. If you press end in fexplorer you return to the phone application
and if you hit long menu you can return to fexplorer but you end up in its
exit
fexplorer dialog.
According to the symbian docs there's two kinds of exit, exit when you can,
prompting the user if you want, and exit now, make it fast and don't prompt
the user. The exit when you want seems to be what's being sent when key 2 is
pressed but the exit now is being sent when the end key is pressed. We could
revert the exit now back to the previous behaviour but this can be sent to
the program in error conditions so it's not advised.
I haven't been able to test this on a first edition phone but I suspect it's
the same. As with all things thoe this may be different depending on phone
model and firmware version.