[Loadstone] behavior when pressing end key (was: Loadstone 0.68 on an N70, Another bluetooth bug)

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jun 4 13:21:08 BST 2007

Hi monty,

<monty at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:

> As Shawn said in an earlier message, pressing the end key is now
> consistent  with other Symbian applications running the 2nd and 3rd
> editions whereby it will immediately exit the current app.

Sorry, but that isn't true. On the 2nd edition pressing the end key is the
quickest way to put all running apps into the background *without* killing
them and bring up the telephone screen. Imho the changing of this behavior
in the 3rd edition is one of the most annoying things.

> I agree this key can be pressed mistakenly and it can be
> annoying when this happens.  For this reason we are looking into
> implementing a quick way to lock the keypad while within Loadstone.  For
> now the quickest way as far as I can tell is to press the power button,
> arrow up once to "Lock keypad" and press select.  [...]

This assumes, that "mute on keylock" is disabled in the talks settings.
In normal use of the phone without loadstone running this is far from
optimum. I don't want my mobile talking whenever a key is pressed, if
keypad is locked... and I wouldn't like to change the talks settings
whenever I want to use loadstone and change it back after using loadstone.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability of the text.