[Loadstone] Download-No Problems and Receiver Question

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Jun 2 04:08:47 BST 2007

Michael O. Hanson <mhanson at winternet.com> wrote:

> Someone on this list mentioned using a Wintec receiver. What is the
> battery life?

should be about 15 hours or more. And you can selectively switch off the
bluetooth module to save battery while the GPS module continues receiving.

> How does it work with adaptive software, such as JAWS for Windows? Can
> you use its data logging functions?

Due to lack of time I didn't test it yet, I'll report when I know more.

But for now I think, it's sensivity isn't as good as a SIRF III receiver,
most of time my Royaltek RBT 2001 has one or two more satellites and I
think, the Wintec looses the signal a bit earlier than the Royaltek.
Nevertheless the Wintec is a really good one and it's really very tiny one.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability of the text.