[Loadstone] Crossing the International Date Line.

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jul 30 04:07:38 BST 2007

Seems like the heading and distance calculator on the tools page is half
way there:

"The distance between:
Point A (Latitude 0.02and longitude -179.5)
and
Point B (Latitude 0.01and longitude 179.5)
is:
111.2 km, 69.096 miles, Great Circle formula, and
111.325 km, 69.174 miles, Accurate Ellipsoid formula.

Point B is at 269.4 degrees, or to the due west, from point A."

Reversing the latitude results in negative headings and 90 and 270 degrees
give reversed heading.