[Loadstone] problem crossing the date line in exploration mode

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Jul 30 01:16:28 BST 2007

This is true. The database is treated as a flat surface going from -90 to 90
degrees latitude and -180 to 180 degrees longitude. Getting the database to
treat it as a sphere would be very difficult if not impossible with the
current system. The problem is with distance calculations. When you cross
the date line it looks like you've jumped to the other side of the world to
the calculation functions.