[Loadstone] problem crossing the date line in exploration mode

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Sun Jul 29 18:08:24 BST 2007

I think I cannot cross the 180 longitude - the so called date line - in
exploration mode. I have a database with enough points around the world and
set the maximum search distance to 9000 Kilometers. Sure there is nothing
except a lot of water and some islands in the pacific ocean. But that should
be enough to jump from the western coast in north america to australia or
japan. The search algorithm obviously does not cross the 180 longitude.
Maybe the same appears when crossing the poles, but I haven't tried that
yet. It would be good to travel around the earth endlessly with enough
points.

Hasan