[Loadstone] good gps recievers

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Sun Jul 22 12:16:18 BST 2007

Hello Kevin,
in dead, I am very happy with my Holux M1000. It is very sensitive receiving
GPS signals in trains where even a Holux 236 SiRF III failed.

My antaris 4 based receiver and a holux 236 that I had before behaved
differently during their batteries live time. When the battery was fully
charged, they worked quite well. The more the battery was discharged the
worse they became. After some hours they needed more time to get a sat fix
and they lost the fix more often then they did with their battery being
fully charged. The M1000 behaves absolutely identical from the first to the
last minute of a battery usage cycle.

Hasan