[Loadstone] waas with royaltek rbt 2110

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Jul 22 05:41:01 BST 2007

 From the SiRF3 docs:

5.3 Setting theDGPSMode

The DGPS mode is used to control the position output of the Evaluation
Receiver based on whether positions are differentially corrected or not.
The options include automatic, exclusive, and never use.
To set the DGPS mode:
1. Choose DGPS Mode from the Navigation menu.
The DGPS Control screen is displayed.
2. Select the Mode that you want to use.
Automatic: Use differential corrections when they are available, otherwise
compute a non differential solution. (see note below)
Exclusive: Only compute a differential solution. If no corrections are
available no solution is output.
Never use: Only compute a non differential solution (even if corrections
are valid).

3. Enter the timeout value (in seconds) you want to use in the Timeout
field. A received differential correction will be applied to the solution
until either the timeout value is exceeded, or a new differential
correction is received.
4. Click the Send button to accept or the Cancel button to exit.
Note- For a differential position to be calculated, a pseudorange
correction must be
valid for each satellite being tracked by the Receiver. If there are less
corrections than tracked satellites, then a non-differential position will
result. If corrections exist for different satellites to that being tracked
by the receiver,then a non-differential position will result.

5.4 Selectingthe DGPS Source

The SiRFstarIIe/LP Evaluation Receiver has the ability to receive RTCM
differential corrections from different sources. The DGPS source control is
used to select which source will be used to obtain RTCM differential
corrections.
To select the DGPS source:
1. Choose DGPS Source from the Navigation menu.
The DGPS Source screen is displayed.
2. Select the Source that you want to use. Table 4-14 describes each of the
available DGPS sources.

table 4-14 DGPS Sources

None: The Evaluation Receiver will not use any of the available DGPS sources.
WAAS Channel: The Evaluation Receiver will use the WAAS correction service
if available. One of the twelve channels will be dedicated to the WAAS signal.
External RTCM: The Evaluation Receiver will use any RTCM Data corrections
that are input directly through one of the serial ports.
Internal DGPS: The internal beacon receiver will be used to provide RTCM
corrections received from an operating radio-beacon. A beacon antenna is
required.

4. Click the OK button to accept or the Cancel button to exit.
Note- The selection made in the DGPS Source screen is displayed in the DGPS
StatusView screen by selecting View |Messages|DGPS Status.