[Loadstone] Saving accurate point coordinates.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 19 01:45:14 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/07/18 at 17:30 -0700]

>What you're experiencing is gps drift and it's to be expected.

Yes, I understand this.

>If your is waas capable this drift can go down quite a bit when standing still
>but will still be there.

It is, and I always leave it on.

>We've considered putting in some sort of averaging
>but you'd have to be standing still for some period of time for it to work.

Wel;l, in this case I was sitting, but I understand what you're saying.

>Even then it would only be an average so still not quite accurate.

However inaccurate it may remain, it'd surely be better than an instantaneous
single capture which just might be way off.

Another approach mightr be for the user to be able to move a point by an amount
in a direction. That way, he could make an imperical judgement based on several
measurements and then make manual adjustments.