[Loadstone] Importing Questions

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 15 15:56:22 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Michael O. Hanson on 2007/07/15 at 07:49 -0500]

>I get "import complete."  I understand that part of the message.  Next, I get
>how many entries were added.  Finally, I get the number of duplicate entries
>that were ignored.  What is Loadstone doing when it ignores duplicate entries?

When an import completes, three numbers are presented:

New Entries Added: This is how many entries were completely new, i.e. they
weren't in the database before.

Entries Updated: This is how many entries were already in the database but the
data being imported differs from the data already in the databse. This could
happen, say, if a street has been renamed or if the coordinates for a location
have been refined.

Duplicate Entries Ignored: This is how many entries were already in the
database for which the data being imported is exactly the same as that already
in the database.