[Loadstone] Some feature suggestions.

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jul 11 14:30:05 BST 2007

Hello Dave,

Thanks for explaining the "Cartesian direction".  If I understand your
proposal correctly this is essentially based on standard Pythagoras
theorem.

Although we could certainly implement this, the returned distance values
would lose accuracy when relating to points far apart from each other.
This is because the Earth is a spheroid rather than a perfect sphere.  We
may however be able to use our current formula to improve accuracy in
these situations.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming!  We try and carefully
consider every suggestion from users!

Best regards,
   Monty